What is the proper dosage?

What is the proper dosage for microdosing?

There is technically no established standard for microdosing; however, it is generally accepted that a "microdose" is 1/10th to 1/20th of a "normal" dose. So for psilocybin, a microdose would be considered about 0.1 - 0.2g (100-200mg) of dried mushroom material, considering that a dose high enough to induce a "trip" is typically about 1 - 2g of dried mushrooms.

It's important to note that we are talking about the weight of the dried mushroom material. This is not the same weight as psilocybin, the active ingredient. The actual dosage of psilocybin will vary greatly depending on the strain and strength of the mushroom, but is generally estimated to be about 10% of the weight of the mushroom.

So, in a 0.1g (or 100mg) microdose, you can expect the dose of psilocybin to be approximately 10mg. Keep this in mind if you are microdosing with anything other than dried mushroom material, such as with an extract or mushroom chocolate, as in that case, you are wanting to look at the dosage of the active ingredient, psilocybin.

We recommend that you start on the lower end. 100mg of dried mushrooms (or 10mg of psilocybin) is typically a good starting point for most people. If you feel you may be sensitive to the effects, you can start even lower at 50mg. Then, you can work your way up to find the optimal dose for you. It’s generally accepted that exceeding about 300mg of dried mushrooms (ie. 30mg of psilocybin) is moving beyond microdosing into “minidose” territory, where you may be aware of the psychedelic effects.